GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
As a democratic, non-profit, non-political and non-religious organization, the goals and objectives of the Association are to:
* Unite Asantes in Washington, DC Metropolitan Area.
* Promote the social, moral, educational and the general welfare of its members.
* Provide a source of cultural enrichment, and promote interest, inform and educate the general community about Asante culture.
* To instill and inculcate in the youth the love and pride of Asante cultural heritage.
* Provide social networking and support for the members.
* Organize periodic workshops to educate members on pertinent issues, such as Asante culture and traditions, legal, immigration, health, employment, insurance and investments.
* Project good image of Asantes in the Washington, DC Metro Area.
* Support Asanteman development efforts by motivating and educating members to financially support educational, health and other social programs in Asanteman.
* Develop linkages to and networking with other African ethnic groups and participating in inter-cultural exchange programs.
* Assist the needy financially and in kind.
* Contribute to the development of the Washington, DC Metro Area community by performing voluntary services.
The governing body consists of :
* An Executive Council, headed by the President, is the policy making body and is responsible for the general administration of the Association.
* An Advisory Council, headed by the Asantefuohene (Chief) as the Chairman, has the role of advising on the progress and smooth administration of the Association and projecting Asante culture and traditions.
ALL ABOUT ASANTEMAN WASHINGTON